Smart cities, digital infrastructure – the foundation of our future
Global population growth combined with the rapid pace of technological change is defining infrastructure challenges for many of our customers. It is predicted that two-thirds of the world’s population will live in urban areas by 2050.
In 30 years our technological landscape may be unrecognizable; autonomous vehicles on the road; virtual reality transforming the way we work and live; artificial intelligence increasing productivity and improving our quality of life; vast amounts of clean, reliable and secure energy supplies to move towards full decarbonization while powering a fully digitized, seamlessly integrated infrastructure landscape.
Over the years we have helped our customers provide wireless & wireline broadband access to underserved areas around the globe; build data centers to support the growth in digital demand; deploy various types of smart infrastructure to enable the technologies of the future that improve our way of life. We are working to deliver a smarter, more connected and sustainable world for future generations to thrive.
How we can help
Global reach and experience
- 7,000 km of fiber backbone through eight European countries and underseas in one year
- Metropolitan fiber loop rings to connect more than 30 cities in the U.S.
- Fiber network linking 14 German cities in a record-setting 18 months
- 1.1 million lines in Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines
- Designed and upgraded service on more than 33,000 GSM overlays, 17,100 enhanced emergency systems, and 13,270 UMTS upgrades for a major U.S. telecommunications company
- Constructed more than 12,000 overlay and new build sites in one year for a U.S. carrier, providing enhanced GSM service
- Completed more than 350 small cells, built 177MW of data centers, and delivered more than one million leases, permits and right-of-way applications