With more than 40 percent of the world’s population suffering from water scarcity — and that number is expected to grow — governments, municipalities, and private industries are looking for innovative ways to get water where it is needed most. Their goals are to ensure communities have safe, reliable, and sustainable access to water, and that industries can continue operations without depleting surface and groundwater supplies.
For more than 50 years, we have been partnering with our customers to provide:
- Water delivery systems that can transport freshwater or seawater through pipelines and open channels to get it where it is needed most
- Desalination solutions that decrease reliance on surface and groundwater sources
- Water planning for industries and large municipalities to ensure long-term sustainable access
- Sustainable and alternative water and power solutions created through hydroelectric and pumped storage water systems
- Water storage: dams, reservoirs and tanks
- Wastewater treatment solutions to get companies closer to a closed-loop water cycle where water is safely reused or returned
- Floodwater removal, super sewers, and planning to help cities save lives
Large scale tunneling
With any water delivery system, there is risk. Our work on large scale tunneling for projects like Crossrail, the Sydney Metro, and the Channel Tunnel, combined with our vast pipeline experience, enables us to help customers create the massive pipelines needed to move water quickly and efficiently
A first-of-a-kind system that desalinates and delivers sustainable, fresh water to the world’s largest copper mine more than 112 miles (180 kilometers)—from the ocean and through the desert—to its destination located 10,500 feet (3,200 meters) above sea level in the Andes mountains.
In 2008, an expansion of Jubail provided residential accommodation for 120,000 residents; education facilities including an 18,000-student 'greenfield' university; as well as roads, bridges, medical centers, power, water, and waste facilities.
We work with our customers to implement a range of strategic services to help you achieve your sustainability ambitions, goals and targets including coordinating engagements with stakeholders, communities, suppliers and contractors that protect local water resources.