Work with purpose
Bechtel’s internship program translates your diverse talents and classroom knowledge beyond your desk and into a world of exciting opportunities just right for you. At Bechtel, we help our customers deliver projects of purpose that create a lasting positive legacy. A legacy we want you to be a part of!
Experience you want; challenges you need
Whether you’re an engineer who dreams of building iconic projects that tackle critical environmental challenges or a future manager who wants to accelerate progress for our customers, Bechtel has the experience you need—and want—to prepare you for your future.
Landing a Bechtel internship is an opportunity to showcase your innovative thought, diverse talents, and work among the best in the industry to tackle the world’s challenges and deliver for our customers.
About the internship program
During a Bechtel internship, you will go beyond the classroom and gain first-hand knowledge of the engineering, procurement, and construction industry, while accelerating your experiences and making an impact for our customers, communities, and organization.
Bechtel’s internship programs are intentionally designed to provide knowledge, experience, and skillsets to support your education and future career. Our internship positions are available for current students who are a year or two away from graduation. Intern program components include:
- Technical training: We offer learning and development designed around your needs to provide valuable exposure in your specific field.
- Learning from leaders: As an intern, you will attend guest speaker sessions hosted by various business leaders to provide insight into the industry and collaborate with you to foster a learning environment.
- Goal achievement: At the beginning of the program, you will set personal goals to ensure you are prepared to take their first step into the job market at the conclusion of the program.
- The buddy system: As part of the program, you will partner with a buddy in the business to help answer questions, provide guidance, and be a resource to provide engagement and foster learning.
- Networking events: As a Bechtel intern, you will be provided with a plethora of networking and social activities organized to grow your knowledge and network.
- Bechtel University: This virtual and classroom-based learning tool is open to everyone in the company, including interns, and provides both industry and Bechtel learning opportunities.
- Intern showcase: At the end of the program, you will have an opportunity to develop your presentation skills and showcase the experiences you had at Bechtel to your team, other interns, and the company’s leadership.
Bechtel interns share their journey