Updated March 8, 2023
This website is operated by and on behalf of Bechtel Corporation - including its affiliates, divisions, business units and subsidiaries - ("Bechtel").
Bechtel recognizes and respects the privacy of the individuals whose personal information it collects, uses and otherwise processes in the course of its business.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
- Identifiers. Examples include name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, IP address and other similar identifiers.
- Internet/Network information. Examples include browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Site.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information. Examples include security surveillance and thermal imaging cameras at Bechtel offices or jobsites.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information.
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information you provide
Bechtel collects personal information about individuals when specifically, and knowingly provided by such individuals for purposes disclosed or otherwise known to them when they provide their information or for the wider purposes set out below. This includes, for example, voluntary submission of an email address for our news email update list, providing a business card in a meeting, sending us an email which includes personal information about you, providing basic details for building security purposes when you enter Bechtel premises, or allowing us to photograph, film or otherwise record you when you attend an event that we host or sponsor.
Unless we explain otherwise at the time, providing personal information that we request is optional and disclosures are made voluntarily.
Automatic collection of your personal information
We collect certain information by automated means when you visit our premises or websites. In particular:
- Our websites log IP addresses, the type of operating system that the visitor’s computer uses, the type of browser software used by the visitor, and the pages accessed by the visitor.
Bechtel uses this data, in aggregated form, to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of our visitors and to measure overall user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the site.
Collection of your personal information from third party sources
If you are involved in a business relationship with us, we may also obtain some limited information about you indirectly, for example when your colleagues give us your contact details and information about your role, or from publicly available sources such as the Internet and/or subscription-based services.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes which are made clear to you (or which you already know) when you provide your information or for the following purposes:
- auditing consumer interactions, including measuring how users interact with the Site;
- protecting the security and integrity of our premises, websites and other information technology systems (including protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity);
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- responding to and communicating with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- managing and developing our relationship with you and the organization that you represent; and
- operating, evaluating and improving our business.
- protecting ourselves and our employees and business counterparties against fraud and other criminal activity, and co-operating with law enforcement and other regulatory agencies;
- exercising and defending our legal rights and legal claims made against us; and
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Bechtel does not trade, sell, share, or rent personal information but may collect or provide aggregate statistics about its websites and their users to other parties who do not provide services directly to Bechtel.
Except in rare circumstances where Bechtel is required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information, Bechtel will only process your personal information as necessary for the purposes explained to you when the information is collected or otherwise set out in this policy. Bechtel will not collect your personal information unless it has concluded that it has a legitimate interest in pursuing the relevant purpose. We may occasionally ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal information – for example, if we wish to use images of you in published materials relating to an event that you attended.
Disclosures of Personal Information
Bechtel entities may share personal information about you between themselves, and they may disclose your personal information to technology and other service providers, including professional advisors, who hold and process the information on their behalf.
Bechtel may also disclose your personal information if it has a good faith belief that this is necessary for the legal and compliance purposes set out above. For these purposes, we may, for example, disclose information about you to courts and litigation counterparties, insurers, the police and other competent governmental authorities.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, personal information is generally one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either Bechtel itself or substantially all of Bechtel’s assets were acquired, personal information may be one of the transferred assets. Therefore, we may disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third-party purchaser in these circumstances.
If your personal information is collected or processed by a Bechtel entity within the European Economic Area (the "EEA") or the United Kingdom (the “UK”), you should be aware that the disclosures described above may include transfers of your personal information to recipients outside the EEA or the UK, including recipients in countries (such as the United States) which do not have data privacy laws as strict as those in the EEA and the UK. Personal information transferred to Bechtel entities in the United States continues to be protected by the commitments made by Bechtel through its participation in the EU-US Privacy Shield discussed below, even though the Privacy Shield is no longer a valid transfer mechanism under European law. Where your personal information is transferred to Bechtel entities, or to third party service providers, in the United States and other countries without strict data privacy laws, the information will be protected by data transfer agreements in the appropriate form approved for this purpose by the European Commission – if you would like further information about these agreements, or to see a copy of any of them, please contact us as described below.
Your data protection rights
You have a right to access the information that Bechtel collects about you, and related rights to require your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate, to object to our processing of your information and, in some circumstances, to require us to delete your information or restrict its processing. If you want to exercise any of these rights, or withdraw a consent that you have given to our processing of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]. If your information is held by a Bechtel entity in the EEA or the UK you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, either in the EEA member state or the UK where the Bechtel entity is located or in your own EEA member state or the UK (see also the discussion of complaints in the EU-US Privacy Shield section of this policy, below).
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Bechtel will retain your personal information as follows (or longer if required by law), and will then promptly delete the information:
- We retain personal information in accordance with Bechtel's records management policies (unless we delete the information earlier at your request). You may contact Bechtel at [email protected] for more information on record retention periods.
Storage of Your Personal Information
Bechtel uses third-party cloud storage providers to store Bechtel data, such as company emails, that may include your personal information. In such circumstances, these agents will not have access to your Personal Information other than to facilitate Bechtel’s storage and retrieval of that data.
Due to the invalidation of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield as a mechanism to transfer Personal Data from the EEA or the UK to the United States, Bechtel relies on other adequate transfer mechanisms including standard contractual clauses. For more information on the transfer mechanisms we use, please contact us at [email protected].
Bechtel commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities ('DPAs') to address any complaints and comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to personal information transferred to the United States from the EEA and the UK. Bechtel's referral of complaints to the DPAs is provided at no cost to you.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Bechtel's compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles. Under certain conditions, individuals also have the possibility of invoking binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other available mechanisms – this is explained in Annex 1 to the Privacy Shield Principles (see https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction).
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
This statement applies solely to individuals using or visiting this website who are residents of the State of California (“California residents”). The notice above describes the categories of personal information we collect, or have collected, through the Site or in the course of our business in the preceding 12 months, the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, the purposes for which such personal information may be used, and the categories of third parties to whom personal information may be disclosed.
Your CCPA Rights
California residents have the following rights regarding their personal information:
- Right to Delete. You have a right to request that Bechtel delete your personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Correct. You have a right to request that Bechtel correct any inaccurate personal information that it maintains about you.
- Right to Know and Right to Access. You have a right to request that Bechtel disclose the following to you: (1) the categories and specific pieces of personal information Bechtel has collected about you; (2) the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and (4) the categories of third parties to whom Bechtel discloses your personal information.
- Right to Know What Personal Information is Sold or Shared. Bechtel does not sell or share your personal information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. Bechtel will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to [email protected] or call 1-800-BECHTEL (1-800-232-4835). You must describe your request with enough detail so we can understand and respond to it. A verifiable consumer request is one made by an individual who is: (i) the consumer who is the subject of the request; (ii) a consumer on behalf of the consumer’s minor child, or (iii) by a natural person or person registered with the Secretary of State authorized to act on behalf of a consumer. We may request that you provide us with information to verify your identity and/or authority to act on behalf of a consumer. Personal information collected to determine whether your request is a verifiable consumer request will not be used for any other purpose. We will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt, unless we notify you that we need more time.
Bechtel Global Corporation
12011 Sunset Hills Road
Reston, VA 20190
 In addition to Bechtel Corporation, the following other Bechtel companies adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles: American Bechtel, Inc.; Bechtel Energy, Inc.; Bechtel Energy Technologies & Solutions, Inc.; Bechtel Enterprises, Inc.; Bechtel Equipment Operations, Inc.; Bechtel Global Corporation; Bechtel Global Services, Inc.; Bechtel Group, Inc.; Bechtel Infrastructure and Power Corporation; Bechtel Infrastructure Corporation; Bechtel International Systems, Inc.; Bechtel International, Inc.; Bechtel Manufacturing & Technology, Inc.; Bechtel Mining & Metals, Inc.; Bechtel National, Inc.; Bechtel Power Corporation; Bechtel Supplier Quality and Expediting Inc.; and BNT International Corporation.