Energy plays a key role in promoting social and economic progress, and technological advancements have created new opportunities to accelerate and improve how we bring power to homes and businesses worldwide.
Our customers are leading the effort to meet soaring energy needs – using a diverse range of technology solutions to create a reliable and sustainable grid. We are proud to help them deliver a variety of innovative solutions, including storage, solar, wind, hydro, simple-cycle and combined-cycled plants as well as nuclear power.
Finding the right solution
Our customers rely on our ability to deliver across the full spectrum of projects in their evolving power portfolios, including renewables, carbon capture, and cleaner natural gas to provide critical load balancing and reliability to the grid.
With rapid technological advances, the energy market has greater carbon-reducing power generation options than ever before. We work with our customers to determine the best technological solution and services to meet their objectives.
- Installation of utility-scale solar
- On and off-shore wind turbine erection as well as repowering of existing assets
- Civil, powerhouse, and turbine installation for hydroelectric power
- Record-speed design & build of combined-cycle plant with our long-term partners
- Rapid rollout of simply cycle power plants providing reliable back-up for renewables
- design & build power transformers to substations in populated urban areas as well as remote locations
- back-up power for smart cities; data centres and mega-projects
- Application of carbon capture technologies in a power generation setting
- Utilization of various storage technologies including battery and pumped storage
Project development and financing
Tight budgets, access to private capital, and an ever-expanding regulatory environment can make it difficult to get essential projects off the ground. Leveraging our dedicated Bechtel Enterprises team, we are continually supporting our clients with development capital; planning and permitting; and financing services to help bring projects from concept to completion.
An example of how early engagement can help realize a project is Stonewall Energy Center, where a local real estate developer’s idea for a secure data center and reliable power source resulted in a state-of-the-art combined cycle power plant and was backed by a development partnership that provided funding and development, and technical know-how.