For the past several years, Bechtel increasingly has cultivated partnerships with selected high schools and community colleges within the communities where we operate to develop a comprehensive Apprenticeship Program for key constructions crafts.
Each of these apprenticeships prepares entry-level craft workers that can join our projects and develop a fulfilling career in construction with us.
Bechtel’s Apprenticeship Program helps mitigate the shortage of craft professionals in the industry and contributes to the development of the local workforce for years to come.
How it works
- Choose a construction craft.
- Complete apprenticeship fast-track training at local college (6 to 9 weeks)
- Join a Bechtel project as Helper B.
- Complete on-the-job training to reach journey-level competency.
- Continue to grow.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- You are able to physically perform the occupational tasks.
Why this is a good choice for you
- You can start earning a paycheck in only a few weeks.
- You can move from Helper to Journey-Level in 3 to 4 years.
- You can earn nationally recognized credentials from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
- The construction industry is growing and needs new talent.
- Technology and innovation are taking over the job sites.
- Your work can make a positive impact on your community.
Important Hiring Notice: Please Read