Creating a culture of inclusion
Business Resource Groups provide strategic support to the enterprise. Integrated into our global D&I strategy, these groups help our organization better understand the needs of our customer base and our employees, foster innovation through a diverse workforce, and create an inclusive culture. They also provide individuals the opportunity to build professional relationships, expand personal networks, develop leadership skills, and feel part of a community with a sense of belonging.
Business Resource Groups
B-BOLD’s (Black Employee Opportunity and Leadership Development) vision is to foster an inclusive community based on three strategic principles to attract, retain and provide opportunities for advancement to Bechtel employees who identify as Black or African descent (referred to collectively as “Black”) through networking, career development and mentorship.
B-Familia is an organization that aims to integrate our Hispanic and Latinx employees and create value for the Bechtel organization, the employees and the community. The goals of the group are to:
- Improve engagement of the Hispanic and Latinx community in the business
- Improve representation of Hispanic and Latinx population at all levels in the organization
- Attract, develop and retain the best and brightest Hispanic and Latinx global talent
- Create value for the enterprise, employees, and community
The purpose of B-PROUD is to support an inclusive environment; where all employees are able to reach their full potential and feel comfortable as individuals, do not exert useful energy hiding who they are, and instead focus this energy into their work.
B-PROUD aims to encourage straight employees in taking equal responsibility for making our working environment explicitly inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT+) employees.
Aligning with Bechtel’s commitment to D&I, and in honor of the veterans among us, the Bechtel Forum for Service Veterans, Reservists and the Military (BSERV) will help us:
- Leverage the input and experience of our veterans & reservists
- Understand & appreciate the uniqueness of their experiences; bridging the gaps to civilian colleagues
- Welcome veterans & reservists into Bechtel’s culture, promoting the company as veteran-friendly
NextGen is focused on supporting the orientation, development, retention, and empowerment of employees as they begin and build their careers with Bechtel. This is primarily done though professional development, professional networking, orientation, and stewardship activities.
[email protected] provides a collaborative forum that connects employees around the world as we promote the development and advancement of women at all levels of the company and build a more inclusive environment for women at Bechtel.