From our pioneering work on Hoover Dam in the 1930s to our work on some of today's modern marvels, Bechtel has taken on some extraordinary engineering feats. Some of the world's most iconic projects were delivered by Bechtel people, who do not shy away from a challenge.
Innovation is at the core of what we do. On any given project in any location, our engineers encounter some of the most complex and challenging problems. By applying our ingenuity and creativity, we innovate to find solutions. Some of our solutions become industry standards.
Technology drives our business
We rely on advanced technology to deliver engineering and construction projects to our customers. Technology speeds schedules, lowers costs, and ensures quality. Our colleagues around the world in urban and remote locations perform increasingly complex design work, and technology enables them to work collaboratively in virtual environments around the world. This maximizes productivity.
For example, we are continually developing information systems to improve our work:
- Data-centric execution: information in structured data form enabling advanced work process and job-site automation
- Highly interoperated and integrated application suites across the Engineering, producrement and construction (EPC) landscape and into our customer operations and maintenance systems
- Use of state-of-the-art advanced 3D, 4D, and 5D modeling systems and workflows
- Cloud-based deployments supporting the demands of global execution
- Highly connected workforce through the use of collaborative web and mobile solutions
Technology licensing and consulting
In the oil and gas industry, Bechtel offers technology licensing and process consulting services. Through BHTS, we harness the expertise of Bechtel Oil, Gas & Chemicals process technologists, as well as our gas processing technologists within our centers of excellence, to offer differentiated front-end services.
Chosen for their substantial technical achievement over the years, the Bechtel Fellows advise senior management on questions related to their areas of expertise, participate in strategic planning, and help disseminate new technical ideas and findings throughout the organization.