Bechtel worked on its first railroad in 1898. We are known for complex, first-of-a-kind projects like the Channel Tunnel, Riyadh Metro, Edmonton LRT, Dulles Corridor Metrorail, MetrôRio and the UK's High Speed 1. We are also raising the bar on sustainability with our pioneering work on Crossrail in London.
Our rail experience and expertise ranges from master planning through to design, procurement, construction, testing, commissioning and handover. As part of our PPP/P3 Edmonton LRT project in Edmonton, Canada, we also have solid operating and maintenance experience.
- High-speed rail systems
- Mass transit and light-rail systems
- Surface, underground and elevated structures
- Stations, terminals, and platforms
- Buildings, bridges, and tunnels
- Maintenance facilities, yards, and terminals
- Signaling, communication, and electrification systems
- Operational performance and reliability management
- Rolling stock and equipment
- Operations and systems analysis
- Testing, commissioning, and start-up
Women In Rail