Australia is an important part of Bechtel’s history and future.
For more than 60 years, Bechtel has worked to deliver projects in every Australian state and territory across a portfolio spanning mines, minerals processing facilities, LNG installations, refineries, chemical plants, power stations, procurement services, and telecommunications infrastructure.
These projects have taken place in urban, rural and remote areas and many have been Australian or industry firsts in relation to size, scale, quality, and impact.
As well as local projects, Australians have also been working on Bechtel projects around the world – from Iceland to the Middle East, to northern Canada, Asia and South America – helping Bechtel be a welcome part of the communities where we operate.
Australia’s governments and businesses have bold, exciting projects for the decade ahead and Bechtel looks forward to continuing being a valued partner in those plans.
Helping build energy, infrastructure, and resource needs
Building the LNG Industry
- Pluto Train 2: Engineering and designing the first brownfield LNG expansion in Australia in more than a decade
- Wheatstone LNG: One of Australia’s largest greenfield resource developments
- Curtis Island: These three LNG plants are producing about 8 percent of global LNG production.
- Darwin LNG: The first LNG project in the Northern Territory and second in Australia.
We are currently helping deliver two of the most ambitious undertakings in the history of New South Wales.
- The Sydney Metro: The biggest public transportation project in Australia’s history.
- Western Sydney International Airport: A $5.3 billion project that will increase local economic activity, meet growing regional transportation needs, and create jobs opportunities.
Increasing Access to Resources
- Amrun: The mining complex produces 23 million metric tons of bauxite material per year. Additional resource projects are located across Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia.
- Brisbane: +61 7 3167 5000
- Melbourne: +61 3 9221 6204
- Perth: +61 8 6140 1100
- Sydney: +61 2 8197 4200