We have internship opportunities in a variety of areas including: engineering, construction, project controls, supply chain management, human resources, finance, information technology, and more.
About the internship program
Our internship program gives undergraduates the opportunity to work on landmark projects or in offices around the world and help deliver extraordinary results to our customers. You’ll learn how the business works, gain valuable experience and make an impact on our customer’s projects, our communities, our culture, and our organization.
Bechtel’s internship programs are intentionally designed to provide interns knowledge, experience, and skillsets to support them in their education and future career. Intern program components include:
- Technical Training: We offer learning and development designed around your needs for you to gain exposure in your specific field.
- Lunch & Learns: Guest speaker sessions hosted by various business leaders to provide insight into the business and give you the opportunity to ask questions to support learning.
- Priorities & Feedback based on your role: Interns set personal priorities, which combine what you will deliver to the business and what you want out of the program – and you’ll receive feedback from your supervisor to ensure success.
- Buddy System: You are paired with a buddy in the business to help answer your questions, provide guidance, and be another resource to engage with and learn from in addition to your supervisor.
- Fun Events: Various social activities are organized throughout the summer -- from volunteer activities to sporting events -- so you can meet other interns throughout the business, expand your network, and make new friends.
- Bechtel University: Online, virtual and classroom-based learning open to everyone in the company.
- Internship Report-Out: This provides you an opportunity to showcase your experience at Bechtel to your team, other interns and the company’s leadership while developing your presentation skills.
If you return to Bechtel for another internship or are hired for a graduate role, you will become part of our Bechtel Ambassador program. As an Ambassador, you will be empowered to expand personal networks and step into exciting opportunities to host fun and informative events while representing Bechtel on your university campus. You will be provided Bechtel-branded gear, helpful resources, and connections across campuses to support you in your role.