Sun Cable announces Global Expert Team to deliver the Australia-Asia PowerLink project
20 October 2021
A world-leading team of highly skilled experts from Bechtel, Hatch, Marsh, PwC Australia and SMEC (Surbana Jurong Group) to deliver the multi gigawatt scale project
One of the world’s largest renewable energy infrastructure projects, the AUD30+ billion Australia-Asia PowerLink, which will supply renewable electricity to Darwin and Singapore, reaches another milestone with the announcement of the Integrated Project Delivery Team.
Bechtel, Hatch, Marsh, PwC Australia and SMEC (a member of the Surbana Jurong Group) provide a powerhouse of world-leading expertise - each company across different areas, to drive the future of renewable energy in Australia and the Indo-Pacific:
- Bechtel (Project Delivery), one of the world’s most respected engineering, construction and project management companies;
- Hatch (HVDC Transmission), a global engineering, project management, and professional services company, and leader in complex engineering solutions;
- Marsh (Risk Management), the world’s leading insurance broker and risk advisor;
- PwC Australia (Project Advisory), part of the PwC global network, delivering financial advisory, legal, consulting and assurance professional services, comprising an integrated infrastructure offering; and
- SMEC (Solar Generation System), a global specialist engineering and design consultancy, and member of the Surbana Jurong Group, a provider of best-in-class infrastructure development solutions.
“Bechtel is excited to join Sun Cable’s impressive team as it sets out to deliver this world-leading solar project,” said Scott Osborne, Bechtel's general manager, Infrastructure, Asia Pacific. “During our almost 70 years in Australia, we’ve worked on some of the nation’s largest and most complex energy projects, so look forward to our continued involvement as Australia strives to become a renewables superpower.”
Read Sun Cable's press release.