Innovating the Work Site
Our vision of the construction site includes a fluid and dynamic intersection of technology, data-centric workflows, integrated supply chains, and a production manager focus. Resulting in improved performance for our customers and a rewarding work experience for our teams.
Pillars of future delivery include: smart, Internet of Things (IoT) jobsites, data centric execution, augmented and virtual reality, machine learning and AI, the gig economy, and the reimagining of manufacturing principles for construction.
- Big Data and Analytics. We have created a center of excellence that will address some of our most important business challenges by leveraging big data and data science.
- Virtual, Digital Production Systems. We built a suite of tools specifically designed to remove restraints from foremen, procurement professionals, and engineering group supervisors to ensure quick access to needed materials, reducing schedule time and costs.
- Drones. We are using drones to handle progress reporting, precision surveying, Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) compliance, material laydown tracking, and 4D/5D integration, which increases safety, precision, and reduces costs for our customers.
- Exoskeletons and Autonomous Vehicles. We have partnered with a variety of equipment suppliers to pilot exoskeletons. We’re also prototyping remote delivery of materials using autonomous vehicles, again to make it safer and more efficient for our teams to do their jobs.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality. We are using this technology for everything from immersive bid support visualization and ES&H training to remote expert and task workflow support with smart glasses—all of which are precursors for more advanced use cases being piloted.