Delivering the modern marvels of the world
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies, and a cornerstone of innovation in the industry. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects—the modern marvels of the world—that foster sustainable progress and grow economies. Only Bechtel has the resources and reach to guarantee certainty of outcome.
Queensland's new LNG plants are performing "fantastically well" and are easily beating the industry's typical standards for early operations, according to the head of LNG at the private US company that built them.
Alasdair Cathcart, general manager, LNG, oil, gas & chemicals at Bechtel, said the four LNG trains operating so far at the three projects were running about 10 per cent above their rated capacity.
Source: Sydney Morning Herald
Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C. (Alba) has announced International Bechtel Co. Ltd. (Bechtel) as the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management (EPCM) contractor for its landmark Line 6 Expansion Project.
Source: Aluminium International Today
Origin Energy managing director Grant King has declared that a demerger and potential mergers are "on the table" as the electricity and gas supplier considers options to help restore shareholder value.
Speaking on the sidelines of an event to mark the start-up of the $25 billion Australia Pacific liquefied natural gas project in Gladstone, Mr King said many of the potential corporate moves being suggested in the market had their merits but all involved complexities.
Source: The Sydney Morning Herald
Bechtel has signed a license agreement with Assiut Oil Refining Company (ASORC), a subsidiary of Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), for the process design of a delayed coking unit at the Assiut refinery in Egypt.
Eleven high school teams sponsored by Bechtel are competing in the 2016 FIRST Robotics Competition World Championship in St. Louis. They are among more than 550 teams from around the world that qualified to compete in this event, considered the preeminent celebration of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
Edmonton Valley Line designed to meet demands of Canada’s second fastest-growing city.
Bechtel has been selected by Aluminium Bahrain, B.S.C. (Alba) to build the sixth potline for their Alba aluminium smelter in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Bechtel has recognized 35 companies for outstanding work on government and commercial projects with its annual Supply Chain Recognition Awards.
- Bechtel was founded in 1898.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.
- Areas of expertise include: civil infrastructure, defense & nuclear security, environmental cleanup & management, mining & metals, oil, gas & chemicals, power, tanks, telecommunications, and water.
- Signature projects include: Hoover Dam, Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Channel Tunnel, Ras al Khair Aluminium Smelter, Chornobyl Shelter and Containment, Gabon National Infrastructure, Curtis Island LNG projects.
- The company has been a cornerstone of innovation in the industry—delivering many first and only projects
- Nobody in the business puts a greater value on ethics or safety: approximately 90 percent of its projects finish each year without a lost-time accident.
- Bechtel has some 40 offices and 55,400 employees in 37 countries.