Delivering the modern marvels of the world
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies, and a cornerstone of innovation in the industry. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects—the modern marvels of the world—that foster sustainable progress and grow economies. Only Bechtel has the resources and reach to guarantee certainty of outcome.
London sits on top of 2,000 years of history. Dig up its streets and you’ll find ruins of Roman imperialism, signs of medieval battles, and the oldest subway system on the planet. Now, the capital city can add 26 more miles of tunnels to its underground hoardings.
Latest press releases
Bechtel is on track to complete the construction of an additional three liquefied natural gas (LNG) production trains on Curtis Island by the end of 2015, quadrupling Queensland’s LNG production.
Bechtel and Crossrail have completed tunneling work on Crossrail in London, the largest engineering project in Europe. The 26 miles of tunnels (42 kilometers), which required the use of eight tunnel boring machines, were completed on schedule in just three years. Bechtel was hired in 2009 as Crossrail Limited’s delivery partner as part of an integrated team to program manage the on-time delivery of the new railway line through central London.
For the 17th year running, Bechtel has been named the top U.S. contractor by Engineering News-Record (ENR), a leading publication for the engineering and construction industry.
Bechtel announced it has received the notice to proceed with the construction of two natural gas liquefaction trains on the Corpus Christi Liquefaction project in Texas. Bechtel is designing and building the liquid natural gas (LNG) export facility for Cheniere Energy, Inc.
- Bechtel was founded in 1898.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.
- Areas of expertise include: civil infrastructure, defense & nuclear security, environmental cleanup & management, mining & metals, oil, gas & chemicals, power, tanks, telecommunications, and water.
- Signature projects include: Hoover Dam, Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Channel Tunnel, Ras al Khair Aluminium Smelter, Chornobyl Shelter and Containment, Gabon National Infrastructure, Curtis Island LNG projects.
- The company has been a cornerstone of innovation in the industry—delivering many first and only projects
- Nobody in the business puts a greater value on ethics or safety: approximately 90 percent of its projects finish each year without a lost-time accident.
- Bechtel has some 40 offices and 58,000 employees in 40 countries.