Delivering the modern marvels of the world
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies, and a cornerstone of innovation in the industry. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects—the modern marvels of the world—that foster sustainable progress and grow economies. Only Bechtel has the resources and reach to guarantee certainty of outcome.
The Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) project has completed track installation, taking it another step closer towards opening.
Bechtel-led National Aerospace Solutions, LLC has begun ground test operations of the Arnold Engineering Development Complex at Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee and facilities in Maryland and California.
Bechtel has been recognized as one of the U.S. Navy Reserve’s “Outstanding Navy Reserve Employers” for 2016.
Bechtel has received the 2016 Large Business of the Year award from the Greater Reston (VA) Chamber of Commerce. The Awards for Chamber Excellence (ACE) were given to Bechtel and nine other winners at the Chamber’s annual meeting.
The inaugural list of the UK’s Top 50 Women in Engineering has been published on National Women in Engineering Day. Two Bechtel senior, female engineers have been recognized for their contribution to the industry.
Bechtel has extended its partnership with the Central African nation of Gabon, which it has been working with since 2010 to create and implement a $25 billion national infrastructure plan. Together they have established a national infrastructure agency to deliver approximately a hundred projects spanning transportation, housing, education and medical facilities, water and waste management. Achievements so far include completion of more than 800 homes, 600 classrooms, 600 kilometers of roads and Gabon’s first community wastewater treatment plant.
- Bechtel was founded in 1898.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.
- Areas of expertise include: civil infrastructure, defense & nuclear security, environmental cleanup & management, mining & metals, oil, gas & chemicals, power, tanks, telecommunications, and water.
- Signature projects include: Hoover Dam, Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Channel Tunnel, Ras al Khair Aluminium Smelter, Chornobyl Shelter and Containment, Gabon National Infrastructure, Curtis Island LNG projects.
- The company has been a cornerstone of innovation in the industry—delivering many first and only projects
- Nobody in the business puts a greater value on ethics or safety: approximately 90 percent of its projects finish each year without a lost-time accident.
- Bechtel has some 40 offices and 55,400 employees in 37 countries.