Delivering the modern marvels of the world
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies, and a cornerstone of innovation in the industry. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects—the modern marvels of the world—that foster sustainable progress and grow economies. Only Bechtel has the resources and reach to guarantee certainty of outcome.
Crossrail has released a book to commemorate the end of tunneling on the UK project. It is currently available to buy in the London Transport Museum shop. It took over 10,000 people, working day and night to build the eastbound and westbound tunnels and associated underground stations.
Source: London Transport Museum
A consortium led by global engineering, project management and construction company Bechtel has begun tunneling on Line 1 of the Riyadh Metro, marking an important milestone in the construction of this landmark project.
Source: Arab News
London sits on top of 2,000 years of history. Dig up its streets and you’ll find ruins of Roman imperialism, signs of medieval battles, and the oldest subway system on the planet. Now, the capital city can add 26 more miles of tunnels to its underground hoardings.
Bechtel announced it has successfully converted natural gas from coal seams into liquefied natural gas (LNG) on the second production train at the Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) facility in Australia.
Bechtel released its annual Sustainability Report, showcasing projects and innovations that are delivering sustainable cities, fostering cleaner energy, and preserving scarce water resources worldwide.
Bechtel announced the groundbreaking of a new natural gas-fired combined-cycle power plant in Carroll County, Ohio. Bechtel is responsible for the engineering, procurement, construction and start-up of the 700-megawatt Carroll County Energy Facility, which will generate energy for more 740,000 homes in the region. The plant is expected to start commercial operations in 2017. Today’s groundbreaking event was attended by representatives from Carroll County Energy LLC, an affiliate of Advanced Power, and by officials from across Ohio.
A consortium led by global engineering, project management and construction company Bechtel has begun tunneling on Line 1 of the Riyadh Metro in Saudi Arabia, marking an important milestone in the construction of this landmark project. Riyadh Metro is set to be the country’s first underground rail system and one of the largest in the world.
The United States Air Force has selected Bechtel-led National Aerospace Solutions LLC (NAS) to run key operations for the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC) at Arnold Air Force Base in Tennessee, expanding the company’s service in the defense and national security sector.
- Bechtel was founded in 1898.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.
- Areas of expertise include: civil infrastructure, defense & nuclear security, environmental cleanup & management, mining & metals, oil, gas & chemicals, power, tanks, telecommunications, and water.
- Signature projects include: Hoover Dam, Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Channel Tunnel, Ras al Khair Aluminium Smelter, Chornobyl Shelter and Containment, Gabon National Infrastructure, Curtis Island LNG projects.
- The company has been a cornerstone of innovation in the industry—delivering many first and only projects
- Nobody in the business puts a greater value on ethics or safety: approximately 90 percent of its projects finish each year without a lost-time accident.
- Bechtel has some 40 offices and 58,000 employees in 40 countries.