Delivering the modern marvels of the world
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies, and a cornerstone of innovation in the industry. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects—the modern marvels of the world—that foster sustainable progress and grow economies. Only Bechtel has the resources and reach to guarantee certainty of outcome.
Crossrail has released a book to commemorate the end of tunneling on the UK project. It is currently available to buy in the London Transport Museum shop. It took over 10,000 people, working day and night to build the eastbound and westbound tunnels and associated underground stations.
Source: London Transport Museum
The power plant will burn natural gas to generate some 700 megawatts, enough electricity to power about 750,000 homes. It is scheduled to start operating by December 2017. “This is a game changer,” said County Commissioner Jeffrey Ohler.
A consortium led by global engineering, project management and construction company Bechtel has begun tunneling on Line 1 of the Riyadh Metro, marking an important milestone in the construction of this landmark project.
Source: Arab News
Bechtel has announced the GLNG Plant Project is a step closer to shipping its first LNG cargo following the introduction of feed gas into the Train 1 processing plant and the successful completion of mechanical runs on all six of the plant’s Train 1 refrigeration compressors. The compressors are a fundamental component of the plant and are at the heart of the liquefaction process for converting coal seam gas to LNG.
Bechtel congratulated the workforce at the Tennessee Valley Authority’s Watts Bar Unit 2 in Tennessee – the first new U.S. nuclear reactor expected to come online this century – on the plant’s declaration of substantial construction completion and its request for issuance of an operating license from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Thousands of craft and Bechtel non-manual employees are among those who have worked to complete delivery of the plant for TVA.
Bechtel announced the groundbreaking on a natural gas-fired, combined-cycle power plant in Loudoun County, Virginia. The 778-megawatt, Stonewall facility, for customer Panda Power Funds, will generate power for up to 778,000 homes in Virginia and the District of Columbia and is due to start commercial operations by mid-2017.
Bechtel announced today it has been selected by Delfin LNG, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fairwood Peninsula Energy Corporation, to perform front-end engineering and design for the first U.S.-based floating liquefied natural gas vessel (FLNGV) to go into service at Port Delfin. Port Delfin is a proposed deepwater port and floating LNG facility that will be located approximately 50 miles off the coastline of Cameron Parish, Louisiana. Delfin LNG’s project will be the first offshore floating natural gas liquefaction facility in the United States. Upon the final investment decision, Bechtel is expected to design, build and commission the FLNGV.
Bechtel announced it has successfully converted natural gas from coal seams into liquefied natural gas (LNG) on the second production train at the Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) facility in Australia.
- Bechtel was founded in 1898.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.
- Areas of expertise include: civil infrastructure, defense & nuclear security, environmental cleanup & management, mining & metals, oil, gas & chemicals, power, tanks, telecommunications, and water.
- Signature projects include: Hoover Dam, Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Channel Tunnel, Ras al Khair Aluminium Smelter, Chornobyl Shelter and Containment, Gabon National Infrastructure, Curtis Island LNG projects.
- The company has been a cornerstone of innovation in the industry—delivering many first and only projects
- Nobody in the business puts a greater value on ethics or safety: approximately 90 percent of its projects finish each year without a lost-time accident.
- Bechtel has some 40 offices and 58,000 employees in 40 countries.