Delivering the modern marvels of the world
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies, and a cornerstone of innovation in the industry. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects—the modern marvels of the world—that foster sustainable progress and grow economies. Only Bechtel has the resources and reach to guarantee certainty of outcome.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh is shown around the new Crossrail station taking shape 30 metres below Farringdon in London, where he met some of the apprentices, construction workers and engineers delivering the station on November 4, 2015 in London, United Kingdom.
Source: Rail Magazine
The first part of the €600 million Arber Dzaferi motorway between Pristina, the capital of Kosovo and Skopje in Macedonia, has opened to traffic. US-Turkish consortium Bechtel Enka is contractor for the 60km road that will eventually link Pristina, capital of the former Serbian province Kosovo, and the city of Skopje, capital of Macedonia, a former Yugoslav republic.
Source: World Highways
Microgrids are still at the point where the benefits and potential pitfalls need to be weighed, Henrik Johansen, assistant chief engineer at Bechtel Infrastructure & Power told us recently in an exclusive interview. These grids are typically smaller than 10 MWs.
Source: Smart Grid Today
Bechtel today handed over operational control of the Queensland Curtis LNG plant to its customer, QGC, completing the transition from construction to permanent operations. The plant, based on Curtis Island, off the coast of Queensland, Australia, is consistently producing at full capacity.
Volunteers from Bechtel’s Reston, VA, office engaged with seniors at South Lakes High School during an Ethics Day training program. The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce hosted the event that was supported by several area companies, including Bechtel. Bechtel participants served as table leaders, assisting students as they considered and addressed some of the ethical dilemmas they will be facing in the coming years.
Bechtel has won one of the top diversity awards in the U.K. The U.S.-based company was presented with the WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) Employer Award by Her Royal Highness, The Princess Royal, at a ceremony in London last week, fending off stiff competition. The award recognizes Bechtel’s systematic approach to tackling diversity and inclusion on multiple levels within its organization.
Bechtel announced that it has entered a Joint Development Agreement (JDA) with software-provider Rhumbix for the further development of Rhumbix’s field-supervision platform for large-scale construction projects.
Bechtel announced that it received an Excellence in Welding award from the American Welding Society (AWS) at a ceremony in Chicago. The awards recognize individuals and organizations that have shown exemplary dedication to promoting the image of welding in their communities.
- Bechtel was founded in 1898.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.
- Areas of expertise include: civil infrastructure, defense & nuclear security, environmental cleanup & management, mining & metals, oil, gas & chemicals, power, tanks, telecommunications, and water.
- Signature projects include: Hoover Dam, Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Channel Tunnel, Ras al Khair Aluminium Smelter, Chornobyl Shelter and Containment, Gabon National Infrastructure, Curtis Island LNG projects.
- The company has been a cornerstone of innovation in the industry—delivering many first and only projects
- Nobody in the business puts a greater value on ethics or safety: approximately 90 percent of its projects finish each year without a lost-time accident.
- Bechtel has some 40 offices and 58,000 employees in 40 countries.