Delivering the modern marvels of the world
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies, and a cornerstone of innovation in the industry. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects—the modern marvels of the world—that foster sustainable progress and grow economies. Only Bechtel has the resources and reach to guarantee certainty of outcome.
As mayors and city leaders from across the US descend on Washington to discuss innovations in city infrastructure development, Walker Kimball, regional general manager for Bechtel’s infrastructure business in the Americas, explains the implications for cities everywhere.
According to the folks at Bechtel, the engineering mega-corporation that builds the world's biggest projects, something like 70 percent of all people will live in urban centers by 2050. #smartcities #build100
Abu Dhabi’s Department of Municipal Affairs (DMA) is working with Bechtel to provide in-depth training for up to 100 Emirati engineers. The engineers will spend at least 12 months on deployment on some of Bechtel’s major projects, with a view to help improving skills and knowledge of working on major projects.
Source: The National
Bechtel and Network Rail’s work on Reading Station, one of the busiest railway stations outside London, has been honored with the ‘Project of the Year’ award at the UK rail industry’s prestigious National Rail Awards.
Bechtel Nuclear, Security & Environmental, Inc. and its subsidiaries were recertified under the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2008 standard for quality management systems for another period of three years.
Bechtel announced that four of its leading authorities on smart and resilient city infrastructure will share their views at Smart Cities Week, North America’s first major smart city conference and exhibition. The event, taking place in Washington, D.C., September 15-17, has been organized by the Smart Cities Council, of which Bechtel is a lead partner.
Bechtel’s Maurissa Douglas Rogers and Adrienne Keyes claimed two trophies at the Australian National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) Queensland awards.
A consortium of Bechtel, JGC America and Samsung Engineering America has been selected by PTT GC America to perform front-end engineering and design for a new petrochemical complex in Belmont County, Ohio.
- Bechtel was founded in 1898.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.
- Areas of expertise include: civil infrastructure, defense & nuclear security, environmental cleanup & management, mining & metals, oil, gas & chemicals, power, tanks, telecommunications, and water.
- Signature projects include: Hoover Dam, Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Channel Tunnel, Ras al Khair Aluminium Smelter, Chornobyl Shelter and Containment, Gabon National Infrastructure, Curtis Island LNG projects.
- The company has been a cornerstone of innovation in the industry—delivering many first and only projects
- Nobody in the business puts a greater value on ethics or safety: approximately 90 percent of its projects finish each year without a lost-time accident.
- Bechtel has some 40 offices and 58,000 employees in 40 countries.