Delivering the modern marvels of the world
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies, and a cornerstone of innovation in the industry. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects—the modern marvels of the world—that foster sustainable progress and grow economies. Only Bechtel has the resources and reach to guarantee certainty of outcome.
Lebanese civil engineer Nisrine Chartouny oversees miles of tunnelling on London's ambitious Crossrail project. Her work requires precision, skill and very long hours. Nisrine joined her company Bechtel 10 years ago, and says she and her husband put off having babies for five years because she was enjoying her job so much. Now a mum of one, she was able to go back to work four days a week and wants the rest of the industry she is so passionate about to embrace flexible working, so that it can hold on to women like her.
Bechtel announced that GLNG Project Train 2, the fifth of six production trains on Curtis Island, has successfully begun producing liquefied natural gas (LNG).
- Bechtel was founded in 1898.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents.
- Areas of expertise include: civil infrastructure, defense & nuclear security, environmental cleanup & management, mining & metals, oil, gas & chemicals, power, tanks, telecommunications, and water.
- Signature projects include: Hoover Dam, Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, Channel Tunnel, Ras al Khair Aluminium Smelter, Chornobyl Shelter and Containment, Gabon National Infrastructure, Curtis Island LNG projects.
- The company has been a cornerstone of innovation in the industry—delivering many first and only projects
- Nobody in the business puts a greater value on ethics or safety: approximately 90 percent of its projects finish each year without a lost-time accident.
- Bechtel has some 40 offices and 55,400 employees in 37 countries.