Building infrastructure to improve quality of life and sustain economic growth
Infrastructure is not just about physical assets, such as roads and bridges. It is also about providing people with the power, clean water, communications, logistics, and mobility that they need. With the world population expected to reach more than 9 billion by 2050, purposeful, smartly, and sustainably designed infrastructure will become critical to expanding society’s access to public goods and innovations that advance individual and community capacity, well-being, national economic growth, and overall prosperity.
Since our founding in 1898, we have delivered to our customers:
- 6,214 miles (10,000 kilometers) of railroads
- 36 metropolitan rapid-transit and rail systems
- 96 airports and airport systems
- More than 17,088 miles (27,700 kilometers) of highways and roads
- 100 tunnel projects with total length of more than 250 miles (440 kilometers)
- 30 major bridge projects
- More than 80 ports and harbors
- 50 hydroelectric power plants
- 150 wastewater-treatment facilities
- 373 miles (600 kilometers) of water mains rehabilitated
- More than 550 fossil-fired power-plant units
- More than 140,000 deployed, upgraded, or decommissioned wireless sites
- More than 15,000 miles (24,000 kilometers) of installed wireline and fiber communications cable
- More than 2,000 commercial and light-industrial buildings
Infrastructure Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety policies are available on request, please contact us.
For business inquiries and customer requests
Please contact Linsey Hamilton, Bechtel Marketing Representative.
Dulles Metrorail Extension, Virginia, USALearn more
Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, California, USALearn more
Dubai International Airport, United Arab EmiratesLearn more