Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth.
Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Download the About Bechtel fact sheet (PDF).
- Infrastructure: Airports, bridges, highways, hydroelectric power, ports, rail, sports venues, urban development
- Defense and Security: Chemical weapons disassembly and destruction, critical infrastructure, facilities operations and management, supply chain management, U.S. naval programs
- Environmental Cleanup and Management: Cleanup and remediation, decontamination and decommissioning, waste processing and disposal
- Mining and Metals
- Oil, Gas & Chemicals: Liquefied natural gas, offshore oil and gas, onshore oil and gas, petrochemicals, pipelines
- Power: Nuclear, renewables, thermal, transmission
Bechtel at a glance
Safety, quality, ethics and sustainability
Bechtel is built upon time-tested values of excellence and integrity. This means working to the highest ethical standards and being measured by the enduring quality of our projects. Year after year we are among the safest companies in our industry.
We are committed to leaving a legacy of progress by developing local skills for sustained economic opportunity and volunteering our time and talent to the communities where we work.