As part of the Bechtel/CSIS series on Infrastructure and Sustainability, the discussion centered on innovative ways of building government capacity in African governments, focusing on how private sector actors, governments, and multilateral institutions can support effective planning and management of infrastructure development to promote sustained, inclusive development and economic transformation. Bechtel’s partnership with the Government of Gabon to develop, design, and execute a national infrastructure plan to promote economic growth and sustainable outcomes was an integral case study.
Rethinking Government Capacity: Leveraging the Private Sector
- Ambassador Mark Green; President, International Republican Institute; Former U.S. Ambassador to Tanzania
- Walker Kimball, Senior Vice President, Bechtel Corporation
- Kamran Khan, Vice President of the Department of Compact Operations, Millenium Challenge Corporation
- Maureen Harrington, Director and Head, International Development Group, Standard Bank
- Laurence Carter, Senior Director, Public-Private Partnerships, World Bank
- Ambassador Michael Moussa-Adamo, Ambassador of Gabon to the United States