Bechtel partners with five global non-government organizations that promote education or use engineering and construction skills to improve the quality of life.
- DiscoverE Sustains and grows the engineering profession through volunteering, education, and outreach to students.
- Engineers Without Borders Supports community-driven sustainable design and development programs around the world.
- FIRST® Robotics Inspires people to be science and technology leaders through mentor-based programs that build science, engineering, and technology skills.
- Junior Achievement® Educates kids about workforce readiness, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship.
- Ocean Exploration Trust Uses the excitement of undersea expeditions to introduce students to science and engineering concepts and to give teachers engaging classroom materials.
In addition to our Signature programs, Bechtel teams with a wide variety of global nonprofit organizations that support science, technology, engineering and math education and diversity in our industry.
- ACE Mentoring Sponsored by Bechtel, ACE encourages students to pursue careers in design and construction.
- Catalyst Its mission is to expand opportunities for women in business. Bechtel is a global supporter of Catalyst.
- Engineer Your Life Serves as a guide to engineering for high school girls.
- Global Marathon (EWeek) A global virtual event that serves women in the engineering and technology industries. Bechtel sits on the leadership council for Global Marathon.
- Helmets to Hardhats Designed to help military service members successfully transition back into civilian life by offering them the means to secure a quality career in the construction industry.
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering Shows girls how creative and collaborative engineering is and how it is changing our world. Bechtel sits on the leadership council for Girl Day.
- National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering (NACME) Part of DiscoverE, this program leads the national effort to increase the number of successful African American, American Indian, and Latino young women and men in science, technology, engineering and mathematics education and careers. Bechtel sits on the board of directors for NACME.
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Dedicated to the academic and professional success of African-American engineering students and professionals. Bechtel was recently at the NSBE convention.
- Operation Impact’s Network of Champions Network of Champions, a consortium of leading companies that assist severely injured service members and their families identify career opportunities. Bechtel partners with the Network of Champions by connecting injured service members with our hiring managers.
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) To promote and facilitate engineering support for national security by developing and enhancing relationships and competencies among uniformed services, public- and private-sector engineers and related professionals. Bechtel is a proud member company.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Empowers women to succeed and advance in the field of engineering, and to be recognized for their life-changing contributions as engineers and leaders. Bechtel sits on the corporate partnership council.
- Veterans in Pipefitting Offers high-quality skills training and jobs in the pipe trades to US veterans and active duty military personnel preparing to leave the service.
- Women in Nuclear (WIN) Premier network of more than 6,000 women and men who work in nuclear- and radiation-related fields around the country. Bechtel is proud to have our own local chapter of WIN.