We have a wealth of experience in designing and constructing utility-scale power generation facilities
Our long history in natural gas power generation began in 1940 with the construction of an oil- and gas-fired power project in California. In the decades since, we have amassed a wealth of experience in designing and constructing a broad range of utility-scale power generation facilities, including more than 125 combined cycle gas turbine projects with a total capacity of nearly 40,000 megawatts.
Technologies and applications
- Multiple combined cycle installations using state-of-the-art gas turbines
- Advanced steam bottoming cycles
- Small, aero-derivative, simple cycle combustion turbines
- Combustion turbine repowering from simple cycle to combined cycle
- Natural gas pipeline compressors
- Oil pipeline pumping stations
- Integrated gasification combined cycle facilities
- Oil- and/or gas-fired power generating units
- Process and gasification applications
Developing the cleanest natural gas-fuled combined cycle power plants in the USA
We are well-equipped to develop both standardized and customized design solutions for the type of plant that best meets customer needs. In support of phased development, we have created modular approaches using standardized design and integrated systems that can be easily combined, expanded, and customized. Packaging these elements has helped us bring numerous projects on-line quickly and efficiently. These modules also have provided us with effective building blocks that can be extended to major utility projects.
Whether it is a single- or dual-fuel state-of-the-art combined cycle plant, low-emissions integrated gasification combined cycle facility, or simple cycle unit to be deployed, Bechtel offers customers an exceptional combination of technical resources, experience, and execution strength in designing and constructing the project.
For business inquiries and customer requests
Please contact Linsey Hamilton, Bechtel Marketing Representative