The worldwide demand for energy has never been greater, and Bechtel’s teams are delivering it in a way no other company can match
During the past half-century, we've been a global leader in the design, procurement, and construction of thermal and nuclear-fueled power plants.
Today, we are also a leader in renewable and alternative sources of power such as:
Bechtel is actively involved in the modernization of existing nuclear plants to prolong their life cycles and increase their power output, and we are playing a major role in building the next generationof nuclear facilities.
In all our projects, we use advanced technology to ensure that new facilities are cost-efficient and meet or exceed environmental standards while maintaining an industry leading strong safety record.
A 70-year history of success
- More than 216,000 megawatts from active and completed projects
- More than 385 individual power plants
- More than 550 fossil-fired power-plant units
- 153 nuclear generating units
- 50 hydroelectric power plants
- 15 waste-to-energy projects constructed
- 60 environmental services and retrofit projects
- More than 140,000 wireless sites deployed, upgraded, or decommissioned
- More than 15,000 miles (24,000 kilometers) of wireline and fiber communications cable installed
- More than 61,000 lattice towers and mono-piles
- More than 100 transmission substations designed and commissioned
- Nearly 900 miles (1,100 kilometers) of transmission-line experience
We have an unparalleled track record of managing both large- and small-scale projects, including many industry firsts. We offer fully integrated engineering, procurement, construction services in addition to project and construction management.
Prairie State Energy Campus, Illinois, USALearn more
Oak Creek Power Plant Expansion, Wisconsin, USALearn more