The worldwide demand for energy has never been greater, and Bechtel’s teams are delivering it in a way no other company can match
During the past half-century, we've been a global leader in the design, procurement, and construction of thermal and nuclear-fueled power plants.
Today, we are also a leader in renewable and alternative sources of power such as:
Bechtel is actively involved in the modernization of existing nuclear plants to prolong their life cycles and increase their power output, and we are playing a major role in building the next generationof nuclear facilities.
In all our projects, we use advanced technology to ensure that new facilities are cost-efficient and meet or exceed environmental standards while maintaining an industry leading strong safety record.
A 70-year history of success
- More than 216,000 megawatts from active and completed projects
- More than 385 individual power plants
- More than 550 fossil-fired power-plant units
- 153 nuclear generating units
- 50 hydroelectric power plants
- 15 waste-to-energy projects constructed
- 60 environmental services and retrofit projects
- More than 140,000 wireless sites deployed, upgraded, or decommissioned
- More than 15,000 miles (24,000 kilometers) of wireline and fiber communications cable installed
- More than 61,000 lattice towers and mono-piles
- More than 100 transmission substations designed and commissioned
- Nearly 900 miles (1,100 kilometers) of transmission-line experience
We have an unparalleled track record of managing both large- and small-scale projects, including many industry firsts. We offer fully integrated engineering, procurement, construction services in addition to project and construction management.
California Valley Solar Ranch, California, USALearn more