We've completed more than 160 major communications projects, including some 160,000 cell sites
Our global wireless network deployment experience is unrivaled in the industry. Our site services work includes new builds, technology upgrades and overlays, integrations, modifications, and decommissioning. In parallel with our wireless expertise, our wireline experience includes ~17,400 miles (~28,000 kilometers) of wireline fiber, deployment of long-haul fiber networks, metropolitan fiber rings, fiber-to-the-home networks, and data centers.
- Network planning
- Site acquisition and rights-of-way
- Materials procurement and management
- Equipment installation
- Network testing and optimization, including
- LTE (Long Term Evolution)
- HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access)
- UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System)
- GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications)
- TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access)
- WiMax (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access)
- Improved GSM and GPRS coverage for rail passengers along 1,864 miles (3,000 kilometers) of U.K. commuter lines
- Designed and upgraded service on more than 33,000 GSM overlays, 17,100 enhanced 911, and 13,270 UMTS upgrades for a major U.S. carrier
- Constructed more than 12,000 overlay and new build sites in one year for a U.S. carrier, providing enhanced GSM service throughout the U.S.
- Assisted in planning and network testing for the phased merger of two major U.S. GSM networks
Featured wireless projects
Major U.S. Carrier
Our project scope supports the deployment of wireless technology, including 4G LTE.The scope of work spans EPC services across 16,000 cellular sites in seven major metropolitan markets in the United States.
The EPC services scope included building fiber optic backbones and inside plant facilities in multiple cities across the U.S. Bechtel performed work in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Plano, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, and Atlanta.
Featured wireline projects
Verizon FTTP (Fiber to the Premisis Project)
Bechtel helped extend fiber-optic connectivity from Verizon's central offices to its customers' homes or businesses in the Western and Mid-Atlantic regions for a full-service network. Responsibilities included engineering optimal locations for neighborhood fiber hubs and engineering the fiber routes on aerial or buried paths.
Metromedia Fiber Network
Bechtel performed feasibility studies, engineering, and construction management. The project included designing and constructing more than 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) of fiber-optic cable and 232 nodes, POPs (points of presence), and data centers.
For business inquiries and customer requests
Please contact Linsey Hamilton, Bechtel Marketing Representative.