Bechtel teams with a wide variety of global nonprofit organizations that support science, technology, engineering and math education and diversity in our industry. These diversity partners and programs were also carefully selected because they allow us to work on building a robust, diverse engineering workforce of tomorrow.
- ACE Mentoring Sponsored by Bechtel, ACE encourages students to pursue careers in design and construction.
- Catalyst Its mission is to expand opportunities for women in business. Bechtel is a global supporter of Catalyst.
- Engineer Your Life Serves as a guide to engineering for high school girls.
- Global Marathon (EWeek) A global virtual event that serves women in the engineering and technology industries. Bechtel sits on the leadership council for Global Marathon.
- Helmets to Hardhats Designed to help military service members successfully transition back into civilian life by offering them the means to secure a quality career in the construction industry.
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering Shows girls how creative and collaborative engineering is and how it is changing our world. Bechtel sits on the leadership council for Girl Day.
- MAES (Latinos in Science and Engineering) is the foremost Latino organization for the development of STEM leaders in the academic, executive, and technical communities
- National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering (NACME) This program leads the national effort to increase the number of successful African American, American Indian, and Latino young women and men in science, technology, engineering and mathematics education and careers. Bechtel sits on the board of directors for NACME.
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Dedicated to the academic and professional success of African-American engineering students and professionals. Bechtel is a member of NSBE’s Board of Corporate Affiliates. Bechtel participates in and sponsors the annual NSBE convention and career fair.
- Operation Impact’s Network of Champions Network of Champions, a consortium of leading companies that assist severely injured service members and their families identify career opportunities. Bechtel partners with the Network of Champions by connecting injured service members with our hiring managers.
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) To promote and facilitate engineering support for national security by developing and enhancing relationships and competencies among uniformed services, public- and private-sector engineers and related professionals. Bechtel is a proud member company.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is a not-for-profit educational and service organization that empowers women to succeed and advance in the field of engineering, and to be recognized for their life-changing contributions as engineers and leaders. Bechtel is a member of SWE’s Corporate Partnership Council and participates in the annual SWE conference and Career Fair.
- Veterans in Pipefitting Offers high-quality skills training and jobs in the pipe trades to US veterans and active duty military personnel preparing to leave the service.
- Women in Nuclear (WIN) Premier network of more than 6,000 women and men who work in nuclear- and radiation-related fields around the country. Bechtel is proud to have our own local chapter of WIN.
- YOWIT: An organization designed to celebrate women in the transport industry, and to engage, motivate and inspire current and future generations of transport workers.
WISE: A campaign to promote women in science, technology and engineering. WISE's mission is to get 1 million more women in the UK STEM workforce.